Awakening Shakti: A leadership training & mentorship in Feminine Spirituality & Womb Wisdom
Awakening Shakti is a reconnection to the power of the feminine.
It is a radical journey of Yoga and Tantra offering practices to nourish the feminine, honour your inner wisdom and respect your cyclical nature as a woman.
In Awakening Shakti Part 1 of 2, we meet menarche, the menstrual cycle, motherhood (literally or symbolically) and the ‘post’ mother stage. We connect to 5 Divine Feminine Archetypes (5 wisdom Goddess of Tantra) and embody these energies in our lives to integrate and expand our own power, creativity and fertility.
We explore breast and womb, compassion and passion. We dive into cyclical power, abundance, pleasure, intuitive voice, ancestral wisdom and sacred rage.
Above all, this course is a coming together for community support and empowerment. For sharing your voice. This circle is open to women (only) of any age.
Our immersion lasts for 5 months with the same cycle. We meet 3 times a week with the final week reserved for you to hold space for others. Our course is limited to 8 women.
The structure of the cycle of the course:
Week 1: Experience. Jo presents a class based on one of the Maha Vidya energies followed by reading, pre-recorded material and journal prompts
Week 2: Refection and Integration. We meet online to reflect and share
Week 3: Expression and Integration. We meet online to co-create a class
Week 4: No online meeting, individually, you create your own women’s circle with individual FB from Jo
Mantra and Chanting
Deep Relaxation and Radical Rest
Asana and Embodied Movement from diverse traditions
Womb and Breast Yoga
Meditation on the Divine Feminine
Sharing Circles and Loving Support
Awakening Shakti 2019 - Ubud, Bali
CLASS 1 – Kali
The Great Mother, Time herself, Transformational, Revolutionary. The stripping away and shattering what we cling to, for our own good. The goddess who teaches us cyclical wisdom and the necessity to embrace change.
- We share of intentions on the energy of the Goddess of time herself, Kali Ma. What is this energy and how does it relate to our current experience?
- Learn the meaning of the Bija Mantra Kreem and it’s sacred vibration and the Kali Mantra
- Experience Kali as movement and release and activate practices to rid you of what no longer serves you life.
CLASS 2 – Tripura Sundari
Menarche, the tenderness and delight of our first moon
- Panchadashi mantra, that unifies our being and connects us with Grace.
- A meditation on our female siddhi of ovulation, of Kama, connecting to the radiance of womanhood
- reclaiming the beauty of the first moon: menarche sharing
- How to organise a menarche ceremony for our daughters and girls
CLASS 3 – Tara
Our guiding star: the magic of the Menstrual Cycle
- Embodying Cyclical Wisdom
- Womb Yoga practices for connecting to the feminine cycle: Yoni Mudras
- Charting your cycle and our practices of Blood Wisdom
- Tara as the guiding star of our lives, listening within
- Meditation on Tara as compassionate protectress
- The Tara Mantra
CLASS 4 – Bhuvaneshwari
The Mother Goddess, She who has our back
- Connecting to the abundance of the Mother as she manifests in our life stage and moon cycle
- Feeling the support of Bhuvaneshwari as infinite space through meditation
- Connecting to the intuitive wisdom of the mother in ourselves
- Feeling the abundance of the feminine body through Pancha Kosha practices
- The sound of the womb and the primal energy and the birth sound (with guest teacher)
CLASS 5 – Chinnamasta
The Goddess of Transformation, The Radical Shifts of Womanhood
- We explore the feminine through the continual process of letting go and being reborn in our moon cycles, births and life stages
- We practice deep relaxation and integration
- We practice the Pawnee Dance of Life
- We integrate our circle and intentions as the course closes
September 2020 – Feb 2021 Call Dates and Times (calls are 75 mins)
THURSDAYS – 7am (UK) 8am (CET Europe) 11am (UAE) 2pm (Bali)
Thursday September 2nd 2021 – Introduction Sharing Circle
Thursday September 9th 2021 – Kali Class with Jo
Thursday September 16th – Kali Sharing Circle with Jo
Thursday September 23rd – Kali Class co-creation with ALL
Thursday October 7th – Lalita Tripura Sundari Class with Jo
Thursday October 14th – Lalita Tripura Sundari Sharing Circle
Thursday October 21st -Lalita Tripura Sundari co-creation with ALL
Thursday November 4th – Tara Class with Jo
Thursday November 11th – Tara Sharing Circle
Thursday November 18th – Tara co-creation with ALL
DEC 2021 – HOLIDAY!
Thursday January 4th 2022 – Bhuvaneshwari Class with Jo
Thursday January 11th 2022 – Bhuvaneshwari Sharing Circle
Thursday January 18th – Bhuvaneshwari Co-creation class with Jo
Thursday February 3rd – Chinnamasta Class with Jo
Thursday February 10th – Chinnamasta Sharing Circle
Thursday February 17th – Chinnamasta Co-creation class and graduation (2 hour class)